We know dealing with your finances can feel daunting and overwhelming — that’s why we want to make your first visit with us as easy as 1, 2, 3.
The truth is, developing a relationship with you is important. And all good relationships start with getting to know one another. That’s why we want to make sure you are well prepared for your first visit with us. You can do this by thinking through your answers to some interesting questions and gathering the right important financial documents so that we can easily start helping you.
Ask yourself the following questions.
We know answering questions can be laborious, especially the kind that make you think and reflect on yourself. But we really want to understand you as a person. Why? We like to put you first — your goals, your concerns, your dreams, and your fears. Your answers are our stepping stone for building you a successful financial plan.
- What are some good and bad things about your current financial situation?
- Where do you see yourself financially in the next few years?
- Does anything keep you up at night when it comes to your finances?
- Did something happen to you recently that made you feel you need help with your finances?
- Have you worked with a financial advisor in the past? Were they attentive to your needs?
- What do you want to do when you retire?
Collect all your important papers.
Part of your financial future is your financial past. Sure, the questions above allow us to get to know you on a personal level, but gathering financial documents from your past allow our knowledgeable experts to really analyze your finances and determine what strategies will work best for you. Please gather the most recent version of the following documents:
- Bank statements
- Investment statements (e.g. 401(k), 403(b), IRA)
- Insurance policy statements
- Tax return
- A list of any questions or concerns
Please also fill out and bring our Personal Profile Questionnaire with you.
Know what to expect at our first meeting.
Take a deep breath and relax — after all, your finances are simply part of who you are. With the pieces you’ve gathered above, our first meeting will allow us to start exploring and help you to clearly define your financial goals.
Remember, you are at the center of your financial plan — we’re just here to guide you along the way and help you achieve success.